
Jessica was up at the crack of dawn this morning, all excited. She couldn't wait for her FIRST field trip, and ride on a school bus! I was lucky enough to be able to tag along. We were off to Discovery Gateway for a grand adventure. Little did we know most of the adventure was going to be with our bus driver. After the first stop when all the kids slammed into the seat in front of them, I think she realized she needed to ease on to the brakes....

We did arrive all in one piece! Here are the five little munchkins I was in charge of for the morning.. (l to r: Grayson, Isaiah, Alexis, Jessica, & Daisy). I was the luckiest parent there. Aside from Isaiah (who enjoys wondering) they couldn't have been better. They all stayed right by me and were so cooperative when someone wanted to go do something different. Discovery, has it down with how to do school field trips. Each school had different colored vests and they started us out on different floors so there wasn't too much chaos. It was a very fun morning spent with a great bunch of Kindergarteners!...

Jessica couldn't wait to "go" grocery shopping. The part she was most looking forward to!

She seems so "big" to me compared to her brothers, so it was fun for me to just watch her be a 6 year old and play...

Paitiently waiting for our bus driver. Since Jessica's teacher had to tell her how to get to Gateway, we shouldn't have been surprised, but when the other class had all boarded their bus and been gone for 20 minutes, we couldn't help but be a little concerned... Apparently, she got lost on the way back. So Jessica's teacher gave her very clear directions on how to get us back to the school--step by step, even which lane to be in, to enter and exit the freeway. I'm sure she appreciated that!
4 comments:
Field Trips are the BEST!
Sure loos like a fun time.
Frightening! Jessica rocks!
I love that place, well my kids do too! I thought for Christmas this year I would get a 6mo pass, for the kids of course! I'm glad you guys made it back. ALIVE and in one piece! Must have been a new bus driver. What a fun field trip. My kids always go to the zoo! I would opt for Discovery Gateway.
That is a crazy story. You'll have to right it down for Jess, so she can always remember this field trip. She is getting so grown up...and beautiful. Take Care.
Post a Comment